I. Course Goals: Students will master all basic foundational skills in Spanish!
Accomplishing this goal will mean:
- Studying hard to memorize ALL vocabulary on reference lists.
- Narrating a story or having conversations for at least one minute in Spanish.
- Reading excerpts from authentic Spanish texts.
- Mastering a minimum of 80% of all objectives on tests/quizzes.
· 1 ½ inch three ring binder
· Lined loose leaf paper
· Pencils or pens (blue or black ink only)
· Dry erase markers (for personal use)
· Spanish – English Dictionary (optional)
· Index cards (optional)
The Spanish I Curriculum contains six units:
Unit 1 – Los fundamentos (The fundamentals)
Unit 2 – Mi mundo (My world)
Unit 3 – Mi familia (My family)
Unit 4 – La vida escolar (School life)
Unit 5 – La comida (Food)
Unit 6 – Lugares en la comunidad (Places in the community)
Teacher: Señora Amanda Gardner
Phone: (276) 728-2382 (CCMS Main Number)
Teacher website: www.GardnerSpanish.com
We reviewed the syllabus today in class. Students learned classroom procedures and routines. We started learning Spanish today! Students learned how to say "What is your name?" and "My name is ___." Ask them to teach you!
¿Cómo te llamas? - What is your name
Me llamo ____. - My name is ___.
Mucho gusto. - Nice to meet you.
Igualmente. - Likewise
Syllabus signed and return